Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mixed Prints

When I was re-evaluating my look going into Spring 2010 I realized I wear too many simple, solid colored pieces and decided to switch it up and try something new. While looking online at different look books, I opted to go for for the risky and loud print on print idea. Mixing prints takes skill because you can't just throw 2 completely different prints together, you have to evaluate the geometric shapes, the type of pattern, and the colors. Even though the patterns are different they can still compliment each other and the make the outfit very unique, but come together at the same time. There are less obvious ways to mix prints by using more subtle colors like black and white like Rachel Bilson, Whitney Port, and Rihanna did in the pictures below. Try mixing prints this summer, take a risk! Xo








No comments:

Post a Comment